"I would recommend Laurie Edwards (Autumn c/o 16); she selflessly volunteered over many years to drive orchestra students and gear all over as well as any other laborious task that helped the kids. Her tag line was always..."anything you need, let me know".
"Jeff Halsey (BGSU Professor and Jazz Lab Director) has been visiting every Monday for years to run string bass sectionals"
"Jeff Halsey, bass professor of jazz bass, has come in most Monday's to coach our TSA bass students. His impact on them has been huge! He has given them advice on jazz bass, classical bass and electric bass which are areas outside my expertise."
"I would like to give a shout out to the Parents Org. Through their fundraising efforts, all of my Biology classes were able to attend a field trip to Oak Openings Metropark for programming in rare plant and pond ecology this past October. The majority of my students had never been out to this beautiful park; a few admitted they had never been to a metropark at all. So, I just wanted to say thank you to all of those parents that volunteer their time to fundraise for our kids!"
TSA needs your assistance in a number of ways. We realize that not everyone likes to do the same thing. Some of us have a “green thumb” while others of us love to talk to people. We have a place for all of you who would like to help the greatest school on the planet.
Here are the current available volunteer opportunities:
- Tutoring: Help students after school with problem areas in their studies
- Box Office Help customers by phone and/or in person at the school and performance venues; handles cash and credit card sales
- Cafeteria Helper: Assist with various tasks during lunch time
- Campus Monitor: Act as an adult presence on Adams and Madison Streets before and/or after school to help ensure our students enter and exit the building safely
- Art & Music Lab Monitor: Act as an adult presence around the 4th floor rehearsal spaces after school
- Production Assistance (on call): Helping with technical aspects like sound, video, and staging including helping as stagehands and general back stage help
- Theater Load In/Out (on call): Moving sets, costumes, props, musical equipment, and other equipment into the theater before a show and after a show